Sunday, February 06, 2005

Over in America!

OK! where to begin...
Well I'm in the last week of my stay at my parents in the States. I came over here half way through November and have been living here for the last three months, I travelled over here with my brother and a week or so later Marius came then a month later my sisters who only stayed for a month. Adrian plans to stay for a year and already has a car, a convertable alfa spider injection just like my dads, well, exactly the same (one black and ones white) they each cost under $2000 American Dollars each, which is such a score considering they're awsome classic cars, I guess they're alot harder to come by in Australia than here.
The navy provides my parents with rental furniture and a list of houses for rent when the arrive over here. They scored big time considering the house they're living in! its on 8 acres in the middle of the woods in Alexandria, Virgina. Its four stories, has seven bedrooms, an amazing kitchen beautifully furnished and a old school lift that goes to the third floor. The backyard has a nice flat green paddock that we've set up to play qroquet. The place is consistently surprising us with the amount of wildlife it has to offer... groundhogs, deer, tortoise, Heaps of squirrels, foxes and beautiful cardinals. This is the first country I've ever been to besides Australia and when i fist arrived here it didn't feel much different, but the longer you stay the more and more crazy different it gets. This country is insane. People generally have no manners. Everyone is politically confused. This society seems souly based on consumerism. I guess they're the main downfalls but I'll tell you what, it has plenty to offer on an experience factor. So much stuff to see, laugh at, get sad about, make fun of, be jealous of but mostly just curious about.

Anyways today is Superbowl Sunday and Marius and Adrian have gone to a friends of ours who we went to high school with about 7 years ago who is head of security at the Australian Embassy. Coincidence! another is that since we've been here I've been to a dozen diplomatic parties with my parents two of them were for th diplomats kids that were over for the holidays to get to know eachother and fancy five or six of them going to the ANU, one of the was Emma Alex's Bestfriend (All you ACAT peeps would know her!) anyways you can imagine our faces when we saw eachother at a radom persons house im Washington DC. We caught up once before she left to spend new years with her buddies back in Canbez.

Today we walked accross the Potomac river on a foot bridge with a beautiful view or Georgetown on to the Columbia Island which holds a Theodore Roosevelt memorial and swaplands, A nice sunny day which has melted most of the snow.
Well, Tonight I'm staying at home so I can get stuff done (HA!). I'm not the biggest grid iron fan. But I have alot to say about my 3 months here, Its a pitty i didnt discover this blogger site earlier, But ill write about it all later. Chocolat is on DirectTV at 8:30 so I have a date with a cup of coffee, my Mum and the TV. ..

No comments: